Celebrity Death List 2023
Another 100k coming everyday..
Dimrill wrote:
cor, I thought he'd died ages ago :S

I thought the same thing about Clive James, turns out he's still alive.
Clive James was a wrestler?!
I was surprised to see Derek Jacobi in a newly released season of something yesterday as I thought he’d died quite some years ago.
According to Inderneds, Clive James died in 2019, btw. Unless he's like Tony Hart and dies once a year on t'socials. I always think Gene Hackman died a while ago, but it appears not.

Edit: Cripes John Astin's still alive!
Oh balls, I meant Clive Anderson!
His neck died in the 80s.
DING DING DING DING!
Yikes, Dick Van Dyke must be nervous as Dimmers is on fire this year
Aw naw... Terry Funk.
Yes that was sad news...he was 73 when he had his last match. His Death Matches with Mick Foley used to be available on Prime but I can't seem to find them now.
Windham Rotunda aka Bray Wyatt.

Only 36. I’m absolutely floored and gutted.
Terrible news, I knew he'd been suffering from an illness but there had been no information on what it was...such a shame.
Fucking hell that's awful. Not a good year to be a wrestler. Current discussion is it may have been COVID bringing on a heartattack.
Bob Barker. Aged 99.

The price is wrong, bitch.
Got really close to 100 without going over.

Hit me up with that sweet sweet red text!
Jamie Crick hangs up his headphones.

I remember listening to his evening programme on Classic FM back in the day.
Mohammed Al Fayed
DavPaz wrote:
Mohammed Al Fayed

It was Prince Phillip!
Zardoz wrote:
Purple Aki

I expect the papers to be full of touching tributes
Had the pleasure of meeting him at a charity do once etc.
Findus Fop wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Purple Aki

I expect the papers to be full of touching tributes

Fnarr!

I haven't heard that name in a long time.

Even in "the old days" that seemed so racist. I mean, definitely was, but you know what I mean.
Mike Yarwood leaves a lasting impression.
Kern wrote:
Mike Yarwood leaves a lasting impression.

Now there's a man who struggled to change with the times. I remember my dad being a big fan, but the few times I saw him it was very dated comedy, rooted in the time it was made for. Which sounds silly, but you get what I mean
i get what you mean. Impressionists in general just seem really dated to me. Is it still even a thing on TV?
Definitely still a current, relevant thing. Only recently saw John Culshaw doing excellent impressions of Tony Blair and Patrick Moore.
Did he do Frank Bruno? I love it when he does Frank Bruno.
TheVision wrote:
Did he do Frank Bruno? I love it when he does Frank Bruno.

eeh eeh, nah wat I meen?
Sir Taxalot wrote:
i get what you mean. Impressionists in general just seem really dated to me. Is it still even a thing on TV?

Oh I thought it was a code for "racist comedy".
MaliA wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:

Oh I thought it was a code for "racist comedy".

*insert Jim Davidson "black guy" voice*
They made 222 episodes of Big Break. It's weird to think how popular he was in the nineties.
I think a lot of people who enjoyed him in Big Break (and the Generation Game) would've been horrified by his stand up.
It was the 90s, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a lot of it snuck into the TV show to howls of laughter :|
I'm pretty sure he did 'Chalkie' a couple of times on Big Break
https://ustreme.com/

This is Jim Davidson's streaming service. Hoo boy, I'm surprised this isn't more well known.

“all the things that we used to laugh at”.
I mean...
Attachment:
Jim.jpg
That is horrendous... He's got an episode entitled 'How many of those women footballers are lesbians' with a picture of him giving the thumbs up.. What a prick! It astounds me that he was as popular as he was in the 90's.
Goodness my life is worse for visiting that site
When I was working in the TV shop in Guildford, Jim Davidson came in and milled around for a bit before buying an LCD tv (this was when they were tiny, and really expensive, and not particularly great quality - around 2003).

He seemed like a bit of a prick in real life back then. Now appears to be even worse :spew:
He also tried to make a funny, and no one laughed, in fact he was just annoying and in the way of me trying to sell one of those 'home theatre in a box' things (a DVD player with amp built in, with small speakers, basically).

He had a real flash motor too, I recall.
Page 4 of 6 [ 267 posts ]