General Purpose UK TV thread
Worth a download
The last series of Inside No. 9 starts tonight on BBC 2 (10pm)
Warhead wrote:
The Responder. Martin Freeman as Stephen Graham as a Liverpudlian cop

Nah, not buying it Tim from The Office, lad.
BBC Storyville - Praying for Armageddon

"Praying for Armageddon is a political thriller that explores the power and influence of American Evangelical Christians as they aim to fulfil the Armageddon prophecy.

The film observes American believers as they prepare for what they call The Holy War and exposes the powerful megachurch pastors who call for the 'final battle' that they believe will trigger the Second Coming of Christ. Completed before the current crisis in Israel and Gaza, it also unveils how politicians driven by faith embrace the State of Israel as the key to their prophetic vision for the end of days
."

One of the most worrying documentaries I've seen in a while.
The Secret History of Writing is back on the Beeb. If you nerds missed it last time it was on, I can thoroughly recommend it.
Warhead wrote:
BBC Storyville - Praying for Armageddon

"Praying for Armageddon is a political thriller that explores the power and influence of American Evangelical Christians as they aim to fulfil the Armageddon prophecy.

The film observes American believers as they prepare for what they call The Holy War and exposes the powerful megachurch pastors who call for the 'final battle' that they believe will trigger the Second Coming of Christ. Completed before the current crisis in Israel and Gaza, it also unveils how politicians driven by faith embrace the State of Israel as the key to their prophetic vision for the end of days
."

One of the most worrying documentaries I've seen in a while.

We watched this last night after I saw your post. Absolutely chilling.
Finished s2 of Extraordinary. It's a lot of fun. Feels like an old school Channel 4 comedy.
Bridgerton is back and it's fucking wonderful
Blucey wrote:
Finished s2 of Extraordinary. It's a lot of fun. Feels like an old school Channel 4 comedy.

I thought it was quite weak for the first half, but picked up nicely towards the end of S2.

Jizzlord feeding his family was excellent.
Yeah definitely one or two slow episodes but very good overall. The woman who plays Carrie is an amazing actor.
Blucey wrote:
Yeah definitely one or two slow episodes but very good overall. The woman who plays Carrie is an amazing actor.

Isn’t she just! So convincing as all the other inhabitants of her body.
She's great. The big concern for me now is that they get renewed and don't leave us on a cliffhanger.
The new series of Rebus on the Beeb requires you to switch on subtitles.
Page 48 of 48 [ 2362 posts ]